Skip to main content

Wednesday, March 12

Sorry that you have to put up with the sub again, but Amy's not quite ready to blog yet. Since we last communicated, Amy's visual prognosis has improved. When she saw the doc yesterday she was seeing many "spots" in her left eye. The doc believes these to be an accumulation of white blood cells, and they should be absorbed by her eye. We are thrilled that the areas of damage in her left eye are smaller than they were last Friday. Furthermore, her peripheral vision exams scored very high. "Neither good nor bad," the doc says, but these tests allow us to establish a baseline by which we can compare future vision tests. Although the doc was a bit blase about the results, we are nevertheless praising God because we know how badly Amy's eyes had been damaged.

At the moment, reading, writing, and various other tedious tasks are proving to be quite challenging. She is currently so weak (possibly a result of the Prednisone) that even small tasks are proving quite difficult. Still, she pushed herself to wash several loads of laundry and make beds today (which is more than I accomplish on a good day).

Thanks to all of the churches and individuals who are praying for Amy. Her good friend, Twila, has been impressed to be anointed for Amy next Sunday at 11:00 (central). If any of you care to watch (http://www.okcbfc.org/) or join in prayer at that time we would really appreciate your coming alongside. I realize that some will have scheduling limitations that preclude their praying at that specific time, but we are trusting God that "the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well" (James 5:15 NIV).

Finally, Amy's sister, Carole, will be leaving on Friday. We could NOT have made it without her and Mario these past two weeks, and Amy's a bit intimidated about the prospect of running her home without Carole. Yet God continues to meet all of our needs, and we are humbled by the many manifestations of the love that his people share with us. Just this morning a lady slid a $25 McDonald's gift card into my hand and recounted how she had just told her children that "they have no problems at all in comparison to Miss Amy." I could share at least 30 other similar stories of how people, many of whom I have not met, have tangibly communicated their love to us. God is good.

Blessed,
David

Comments

UL Cards Fan said…
Thank you so much for updating us David. I think of Amy often and wondered how she was doing. So grateful to God for Amy's report. Love, LINDA
David you do a great job being the sub. It is just always good to hear from someone about Amy.

Thanking God for the good progress in the eyes. Will continue to pray for complete healing and that Amy will regain her strength. I just hope she doesn't overdue it too soon. It is hard as a wife and Mommy to sit still and watch others doing what you feel you should do. I have overdone it a time or two before my body was ready to take back over and then paid for it by a few more days of going backward. I hope she gets all her strength and pep back soon.
I am so thannkful that you all have such wonderful people surrounding you with so much love, help and thoughtfulness.
jenny said…
Amy~I am praying for you daily and will especially be praying on Sunday. So encouraged to hear of your knowledge of God's goodness in the midst ot this time...that is so humbling to my daily walk but I hear God speaking to me through it. Thanks so much for sharing the journey with us.
Anonymous said…
I'm a fellow GA girl and I've been following Amy's story. Please know she is in my prayers! I'm praying for a complete recovery!
LOS said…
My pastor gave me this scripture to me this week; I have heard it all of my life, but sometimes scripture has new meaning. Matthew 12:28 NIV "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." I pray that you find rest and strength today. LeAnn
Sharlyn said…
Just heard a tornado is headed towards Atlanta. Praying for your protection.
Anonymous said…
Dear Amy,
My heart and prayers are with you.
The one thing I know for sure is that God is awesome! He is who He says He is and will do what His Word says He will do. I will join with you in faith asking God for complete and total healing.
Much Love,
Cindi

Popular posts from this blog

Homeschooling Curriculum Help?

Shannon is hosting a backwards edition of what-works-for-me Wednesday , where you can ask for advice/ or suggestions instead of giving them. Yeah! I need some advice. David and I are really praying and considering homeschooling our boys, K4 and grades 2 and 6 —beginning this fall. Can anybody recommend a curriculum, either as a whole or as a subject, that you are crazy about that doesn’t make you crazy? Secondly, if you could give one tip for “survival” what would that be?

February 27 Update

I just called to see if Amy wanted to blog anything today, but at the moment she is talking on the phone to her wonderful friend, Deb Rose. Deb and her husband, Brian, used to live in Louisville several years ago. They were our very best friends. If I were talking to the Roses this evening, I would tell them that Amy is desperately scared. The docs have given her a very stiff dose of antibiotics, but as of this moment, her body temp is climbing once again. Her primary doctor told her he fears that this infection may be fungal in nature. I don’t completely understand all of the implications, except that we are shooting at this infection with our biggest guns, but it just keeps on coming. In her introspective manner, she shared with me today that if she had known she would lose her sight, she would have invested it more wisely in the things she read and watched: “What if I go completely blind and can’t read the Bible? I have to get more serious about memorizing.” This morning a do

March 8

Amy does not feel well enough to blog today, so the sub is blogging on her behalf. Yesterday Amy thought she saw some new spots in her left eye and felt that she was experiencing some of the same sensations that she had during her stroke, so she went to the doctor. He said that he sees no new lesions, but that doesn’t mean that she couldn’t have another stroke. He recommended that she begin steroids to reduce any retinal inflammation. Amy continues to need your prayers. Blessings, David