Skip to main content

Works For Me Wednesday




I have an obsession with floors! I think it is because I am closer to the ground than most folks. But whatever the cause, I was always searching for the perfect floor cleaner. Grandma gave me some cleaner concentrate that she had bought from a door-to-door salesman. It was good stuff. So good, in fact, that I thought more would be better. The floor was shiny indeed. But the moment I stepped on it, my feet stuck like glue! What a mess! It took me forever to get that stuff off!

Then there was the time that I used an industrial wax on the floor in a basement apartment that we lived in while my husband was in graduate school. Oh, did it shine! But when my brother-in-law and my husband got the dog to run in circles round and round on it, he left claw marks everywhere. (I shouldn’t mention how mad I was about that!)

Finally, I found what works for me!! I have been using this product for at least 4 years. Rejuvenate claims to “instantly bring back life to almost any flooring to make it show room new.””…fills in scratches, brings back unsurpassed shine, seals and protects from stains, and adds up to 50% more traction.”

Our KY home had builders grade vinyl flooring that was 10 years old. It worked wonders!

Here in GA, our home has ceramic tile in the kitchen and 2 bathrooms. It was in horrible condition when we moved here but after several good scrubbings and Rejuvenate, it looks like new.

Anyway, that's what works for me. For more great tips head over to Rocks in my Dryer. You’ll definitely find something that works for you!

P.S. I buy this at Home Depot in the cleaning section!

Comments

JoAnn said…
I'm sold! Where do I buy it? I have awful, old, yucky vinyl. Maybe it will help it.
Family O'Foxes said…
I was going to write what Joann wrote "where do you buy it?"

Thanks for the tip.
~Amy
Unknown said…
So sorry!! I'll post to the blog too but I buy it at Home Depot in the cleaning supplies!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and
Merry Christmas!

Amy
Nettie said…
That is a great idea!

Popular posts from this blog

Homeschooling Curriculum Help?

Shannon is hosting a backwards edition of what-works-for-me Wednesday , where you can ask for advice/ or suggestions instead of giving them. Yeah! I need some advice. David and I are really praying and considering homeschooling our boys, K4 and grades 2 and 6 —beginning this fall. Can anybody recommend a curriculum, either as a whole or as a subject, that you are crazy about that doesn’t make you crazy? Secondly, if you could give one tip for “survival” what would that be?

February 27 Update

I just called to see if Amy wanted to blog anything today, but at the moment she is talking on the phone to her wonderful friend, Deb Rose. Deb and her husband, Brian, used to live in Louisville several years ago. They were our very best friends. If I were talking to the Roses this evening, I would tell them that Amy is desperately scared. The docs have given her a very stiff dose of antibiotics, but as of this moment, her body temp is climbing once again. Her primary doctor told her he fears that this infection may be fungal in nature. I don’t completely understand all of the implications, except that we are shooting at this infection with our biggest guns, but it just keeps on coming. In her introspective manner, she shared with me today that if she had known she would lose her sight, she would have invested it more wisely in the things she read and watched: “What if I go completely blind and can’t read the Bible? I have to get more serious about memorizing.” This morning a do

March 2: HOME!!

From his vantage point at our front door, three-year old Seth delightedly shrieked, "Mommy," and I turned in time to see Amy being driven down our long driveway. Our three blond-haired boys buried their faces in their mother. Even the house sighed contentedly. Amy's home. A Happy Husband, David